Back to top

Special Studies Form

CALS Special Studies Form

The form for Independent Study (NTRES 4970), Supervised Teaching Experience (NTRES 4980), Internships (NTRES 4960), and Undergraduate Research (NTRES 4990) is available online.

This form can only be used for an individual study, supervised teaching, internship, or undergraduate research course in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences during the fall or spring semester.  For Special Studies courses in the Department of Natural Resources and the Environment, a department faculty member must be responsible for assigning a grade.  Students are expected to work 3 hours per week for each credit hour they earn in a Special Studies course.  Please have a discussion with your advisor and the faculty member responsible for grading your course prior to registering with this form.  Once the online enrollment form is completed, it will be electronically forwarded to your faculty advisor for their approval.

For more information on Special Studies, see the information available from the CALS Student Services office.